Thursday, January 25, 2007

Office Space

Today was a Big Day, because I moved into my own office at work. It's the first time ever that I've had my own entire room at any job. I've always worked in the room with other people there, and it's really quite amazing that just today the change happened. It has a window, and I can decorate it (nearly) any way that I want. How cool is that?

Every job I've had, from the current one to Sears to picking blueberries, has had people all over the place, all the time. When I started at my current job, my computer was literally in the middle of the lobby, ahead of the front desk. Now I have my own office - that's progress.

Maybe this wouldn't excite some people, but for me it really feels like accomplishment. And that, my friends, feels good.

No comments: