Monday, August 20, 2007

Siggraph 2007 Day 5

And, finally, here are pictures from the final day of Siggraph! What a conference!

This one is just to give you an idea of what all the Educator's Program sessions looked like. They had these multi-colored lights set up with two big tables in the middle for the speaker to present from. This particular guy was great - he was funny and spoke very well about virtual worlds in the classroom. He actually was somewhat against Second Life, which I surprised to hear (doesn't think it will last).



This is a quick shot of the special session involving the three big jury selections from the Electronic Theater and Animation Festival. The best part is that two of the guys were college students when they started their animation projects. They both ended up staying later than graduation to finish them!



A shot showing the entrance to the beautiful Sail Pavilion.




Here's an example of one of the posters. I've done a poster presentation before, but it was nowhere near this involved! This one was particularly interesting because the person who did it was showing his new method for displaying liquids in real-time, complete with object collisions. I might end up using something like this in my game, and that's why I took a picture of it!




Me, complete with my big hair!



A couple good shots of a San Diego trolley for my son!





This one and the next few are shots of downtown San Diego, as I walked to a sushi restaurant.

This restaurant had tables inside wooden structures that looked like they would be right at home hanging from a tree!

The picture says it all for this restaurant!


This is in the sushi restaurant where I met Mystic Violet and Al from Gamers with Jobs. We had some very delicious sushi and talked about video games... a great way to end my trip!

And that's it for the pictures! I'll surely post more about the trip as I find more info online. I know for sure there's a video interview of Ton from Blender that I actually walk through, so I'll link to that.

No comments: