Friday, February 15, 2008

Underway

Well, my class in software engineering is well underway, and it's going great. My group did a presentation a couple weeks ago, and we did a great job I thought. It's a lot of reading and a bunch of homework, but I've been able to keep up. The stuff I learn in this class will really help me when I make my games, and also even in my job for the next larger-sized programming project (whatever it may be).

I've thought of a couple more very stand-out games from the past:

The Dig (PC) - an incredible adventure game from the likes of LucasArts. This game was awesome, I mean, Steven Spielberg was involved! I remember purchasing this one by scraping together quarters, dimes, and nickels - that's how much I wanted to play it.

Command and Conquer (PC) - This game (like The Dig) started out for me with a demo. I played the demo level of this one more times than I care to mention. In my mind, this is THE real-time strategy game. It's what started me on that entire genre of video game.

Ahh video games. I am determined to show people that video games are not just for kids - they are for us older citizens ("adults" if you will) as well. Even more, I'm going to use them in the classroom.

No comments: